Water Resources Planning Leader - Water Business
Date published: 7-Apr-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Water
Business Plan: ENG
Black & Veatch is a leader in watershed resource planning and management, offering expertise across the entire water cycle, from source water to receiving water. We understand the issues involved in providing integrated water resource planning efforts that include ground water, surface water and/ or reclaimed water. Knowledge of the latest technology and skill in the use of the most up-to-date tools – including geographic information systems (GIS), hydraulic models such as HEC-RAS, SWMM and InfoWorks ICM, water quality models like WASP and EFDC, as well as an understanding of current and pending regulations – enable us to offer complete services. Black & Veatch takes pride in our professionals’ ability to see the entire water resource picture, often helping clients realize more water resource resiliency and overall long-term cost savings. With an integrated global workforce of highly skilled and experienced scientists, engineers and technicians, we are well-equipped to handle all water resource concerns. In addition to receiving top rankings in many engineering journals, the Water business has helped to shape regulatory approaches and develop innovative technologies, which further distinguish Black & Veatch from other engineering firms.
Black & Veatch has an exciting opportunity for a Water Resources Planning Leader focused on stormwater planning and design, asset management, water quality, and holistic water and reuse planning within the Arizona Region.
Within our U.S. planning and water resources business, we have seen consistent growth driven by our clients’ needs to address challenges stemming from stormwater regulations, flooding, water quality impairments driven by wet weather runoff, asset management, and efforts to increase the use of green infrastructure. We anticipate an increased focus on integrated stormwater planning and holistic watershed management as State and Federal agencies emphasize controlling stormwater, non-point source pollution, and TMDL enforcement. This represents a strategic business initiative for Black & Veatch, and the Water Resources position focused on stormwater, watershed, and integrated planning is designed to help the company grow its market share by providing world-class planning and water resource services.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage and/or support planning and design of stormwater improvements, including open channels, storm or combined sewer systems, and stormwater detention/retention facilities.
• Manage and/or support planning and design of green infrastructure and sustainable watershed measures, including structural BMPs.
• Manage and/or support planning and design of flood mitigation improvements, including dams, levees, reservoirs, and pump stations.
• Manage and/or support erosion and sediment control planning and design, including SWPPP development.
• Manage and/or support regulatory compliance and permitting efforts for USACE, FEMA, and other environmental permit submittals.
• Support scenario planning efforts for CSO, SSO, stormwater, and TMDL compliance projects
• Manage and/or support the application of sophisticated collection system, watershed and receiving stream H&H and water quality models
• Interface with innovative stormwater, water quality, and planning partners to leverage new technologies and approaches for the benefit of our clients
• Support scenario planning efforts for water supply and reuse projects
• Business development responsibilities for the services listed above
• Build client relationships throughout the target geography to drive growth of the business
Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing. Minimum of 11 years related work experience. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• 15+ years of water resources planning and design experience
• Experience developing and executing water resource planning and design projects
• Have proficiency with some or all of the following applications and models
o Cityworks, Lucity, or other Asset Management/CMMS systems
• Experience with regulatory requirements and procedures
• Drive client-facing/business development efforts