Civil Project Engineer-Water Business
Date published: 13-Oct-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Water
Business Plan: ENG
Black & Veatch delivers design, procurement and construction solutions that help to provide safe drinking water and effective wastewater management to communities worldwide. We serve public and private clients of every size with a strong focus on life cycle economy, efficiency and reliability.<br><br>We find innovative solutions to protect water at its source, treat it to the highest standards, and deliver it to homes and businesses. Then we collect and treat wastewater before reintroducing it safely back into the environment.
Black & Veatch is seeking an experienced Project Engineer to join a well-established water/wastewater team in our Phoenix office. The Project Engineer will be responsible for civil discipline design elements for municipal water and wastewater treatment facility projects and provide support to larger teams for design of more complex projects in the Southwest region. The Project Engineer will assume leadership responsibilities such as management of scope, budget and schedule; mentoring staff and identifying developmental growth opportunities; and developing strong relationships with clients and contractors. This role will offer a wide variety of individual project assignments to develop technical knowledge and leadership skills. Some assignments may require occasional travel to other Black & Veatch offices.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepare detailed engineering reports, studies, and supporting documents.
• Prepare project drawings, specifications, and opinions of cost.
• Perform complex, detailed design engineering calculations.
• Apply standard design principles and concepts and ensure all design products are in compliance with applicable engineering codes and Black & Veatch policies and procedures.
• Coordinate with multi-discipline teams in the execution of project scope.
• Lead project teams to achieve project delivery in a timely manner with a focus on quality while exceeding client expectations.
• Provide creativity and ideas for marketing and pursuit opportunities.
Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing. Minimum of 5 years related work experience All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering
• A minimum of 5 years professional experience managing and leading a multi-disciplinary team to deliver water and wastewater facility design projects
• Arizona PE (or the ability to obtain within 90 days of start date)
• Previous consulting experience
• Proficiency with MS Office Suite and MS Office Project software, Bluebeam Revu, Bentley Flowmaster, and Google Earth. Familiarity with AutoCad Civil 3D, Revit, and Navisworks.
• Experience preparing proposals, producing design drawings, preparing technical specifications, and providing construction phase services.
When you join Black & Veatch as a full-time professional, we offer a broad package of healthcare options, including medical, dental, vision, global and business travel. We offer generous vacation time and paid holidays.
On the financial side, Black & Veatch is an employee-owned company. This means our professionals can acquire shares of company stock via a company-matched 401K plan and through the annual discretionary retirement contribution program.
In addition, we have a robust tuition reimbursement program designed to broaden your education, vendor discounts and the B&V Credit Union, where low-interest loans can be conveniently deducted from your paycheck. We offer flexible work schedules, both short- and long-term disability insurance, and an outstanding retirement program. Other key benefits include a wellness program and adoption reimbursement.