Civil Eng Intern
Date published: 12-Jan-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Water
Business Plan: ENG
Black & Veatch strikes a balance that is rare for any industry. Our Mission sets the bar high – Building a World of Difference®. We live up to that ideal by delivering reliable and innovative infrastructure solutions. Black & Veatch fully understands the unique water, energy and environmental challenges facing the mining industry today. Our experts safely deliver innovative infrastructure solutions that promote efficiency, resilience and sustainability. With over 11,000 professionals located in more than 110 offices around the world, we have a global network of expertise in these focus areas:<br>• Power Generation and Delivery<br>• Water and Environmental Solutions<br>• Integrated Infrastructure<br>• Sustainability
Summer Internship Program is designed to provide the following to students: 1) experience in a working environment; 2) meaningful work assignments; 3) introduction to Black & Veatch corporate culture; 4) chance to network with experienced executives and leadership.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop, evaluate, and design specifications and contract drawings.
• Perform variety of tasks to support engineering analyses, report production, and designs.
• Prepare basic calculations. Assist in basic equipment selection.
• Coordinate with other disciplines. Schedule project deliverables.
• Collect, organize, and evaluate data.
• Analyze systems utilizing computer modeling.
• Organize and file project materials and references.
• Individual contributor with no subordinated.
No experience required. Current enrollment in ABET accredited university in Civil Engineering program with emphasis in Structural, Environmental, Transportation, or Geotechnical.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Analytical skills
• Communications skills, both written and oral
• Self starter, highly motivated
• Attention to detail
• Interpersonal skills
• Mathematical skills
• Problem solving skills
• Computer skills