Project Accounting Associate
Date published: 21-Jun-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Energy
Business Plan: FIN
Responsible for performing basic level accounting duties of assigned projects, such as: payment preparation, invoicing, project/phase maintenance, transactional accounting. Ensures the project is in compliance with contractual obligations, as appropriate. Works under close supervision.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Review documentation of payment request and prepare Wire Request to Treasury for payment process.
• Maintain project-related records; make correction on project costs booking.
• Approve and distribute draft invoices and/or credit memos to Project Management for review based on understanding of contract.
• Update Cash movement information and support on Cash Forecast preparation.
• May support project related financial analysis, as assigned by providing requested information.
• May update business systems with project budget and current project forecasted costs.
• May administer project cash disbursements for assigned projects.
• Communicates project financial information to management for assigned projects. Identifies and communicates material variances.
• May assist with audit requests by providing supporting documentation.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent experience.
· Typically 2+ years related experience.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Access, PowerPoint, intermediate competencies on Microsoft Excel.
• Intermediate verbal and written communication skills, both in English and Chinese.
• Understanding of percent complete accounting, Financial Statement analysis, foreign currency terminology and concepts.
• Good team player, clear-thinker, problem-solver.
• Prior field experience is preferred.
• People with study-abroad background is preferred