Commissioning Specialist - Water
Date published: 29-Nov-2017
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Water
Business Plan: ENS
Our Commissioning Specialist work closely with the contractors, resident, and clients to commission new or upgraded wastewater process and provide training/documentation to the client to assist the client in operating the facility.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide startup assistance and assist in preparing test plans and commissioning plans.
• Perform and or witness performance testing as required by the contract.
• Monitor commissioning activities and write commissioning reports are required.
• Provide startup, commissioning and troubleshooting services for conventional and advanced wastewater treatment.
• Prepares standard operating procedures and operation and maintenance manuals for new and existing facilities.
• Perform onsite training of operations staff.
• Evaluate staffing, operating costs, and system redundancy for reliable operations.
Minimum of 2 years’ of experience performing duties similar to those of an Environmental Scientist 3. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Has at least 10 years experience in wastewater operations or commissioning of wastewater plants. Plant startup and commissioning experience a must. Technical writing skills and basic computer skills.
Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment. Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers. Makes decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure; able to make a quick decision. Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; sets objectives and goals; breaks down work into the process steps; develops schedules; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks; measures performance; evaluates results.