Materials Coordinator 1
Date published: 11-Jan-2019
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Telecom
Business Plan: PCR
The Telecommunications Division delivers telecommunication infrastructure solutions to utilities, local and state government agencies and the commercial wireless industry. Through a unique combination of experience, expert resources and innovative solutions, Black & Veatch supports the entire range of both legacy and emerging technologies used in today’s wireless and wireline networks, voice, video, Internet and data systems and utility automation.
Responsible for all clerical duties associated with a market project office, including maintenance of the material/inventory management system. This position is typically an office or warehouse position with significant interface requirements with discipline Construction, Engineering, Scoping and potential contact with client representatives. Assist Materials Manager with receipt and issuance of materials.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Contract to Hire opportunity for a Materials Coordinator in the warehouse.
• Filing, posting, and preparation of documents and forms.
• Monitor warehouse or distribution facility inventory levels.
• Maintaining site material needs including expediting as necessary.
• Coordinate with Subcontractors site material pickup at warehouse.
• Manage material returns and RMA process.
• Data entry into material/inventory management system.
• Other clerical duties as required.
• Assist Materials Manager as needed.
• Responsible for proper filing of all material related documents within project filing system.
• Individual contributor with no subordinates.
Minimum of one (1) year relevant experience without a degree. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
BA or BS degree in Supply Chain, Business, Technical / Engineering, Construction Management or related field (preferred).
Minimum of 3 years warehouse experience preferred.
MUST HAVE prior forklift experience, current certification a plus.
WMS and MS Office knowledge/experience a plus.
Relevant experience may be substituted for a degree.
Procurement, Material Coordination, Forecast/Demand Planning and/or Construction Experience preferred.
• Proficient Attention to Detail
• Proficient Communication - Written and Oral
• Proficient Computer - Database and MS Office
• Strong Data Entry
• Proficient Mathematics
• Basic Organizing Data
• Basic Problem Solving
Preferred Competencies: • Action oriented • Collaborates • Communicates effectively • Customer focus • Drives results • Situational adaptability