Senior Engineer, Heavy Civil
Date published: 2-Dec-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Water
Business Plan: ENG
Black & Veatch is a leader in all aspects of design and construction related to dams and other heavy civil projects. With nearly 2000 construction management resources B&V has extensive experience supporting various types of delivery mechanisms including traditional engineering, design and construction (EDC), construction management at risk (CMAR), design/build (D/B), and public private partnerships (PPPs) as the design engineer and/or construction manager. We have knowledge of the latest technology and skill in the use of the most up-to-date engineering tools. With an integrated global workforce of highly skilled and experienced scientists, engineers and technicians, we are well-equipped to handle all heavy civil concerns. In addition to receiving top rankings in many engineering journals, the Water business has helped to shape regulatory approaches and develop innovative technologies, which further distinguish Black & Veatch from other engineering firms.
Black & Veatch has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Geotechnical Engineer in Tampa, FL. This position joins creativity and innovation with industry leading technology in an inter-disciplinary department associated with the design and construction of heavy civil projects with a focus on dams.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
* Serve as a Senior Geotechnical Engineer in Black & Veatch’s industry leading Heavy Civil Department
* Local, national, and global project assignment opportunities
* Use of cutting edge geotechnical modeling and GIS/3D Civil software to solve client issues
* Perform engineering analyses and calculations with software tools and develop concise reports to document results
* Perform and manage technical work on water-related civil projects ranging from planning, permitting, design and construction support.
* Support marketing and business development activities related to dams and heavy civil projects
* Build relationships with key municipal, mining, and power clients in the Tampa market area and throughout the Southeast.
Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing. Minimum of 5 years related work experience All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• 10+ years professional experience and an advanced degree (preferably PhD) in civil engineering with an emphasis on geotechnical engineering
• Strong background in seepage, stability and settlement finite element modeling relating to embankments, dams, control structures, and dewatering/recharge systems
• Experience with the design and construction of seepage control systems and foundation improvements
• Recent experience with the Florida phosphate industry is preferred
• Experience in project management and the ability to mentor others