KS-Overland Park, MI-Ann Arbor, NC-Cary, TX-Houston
Date published: 5-Jul-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Power
Business Plan: PJC
Experienced to Lead level field Scheduler role. Will work on field assignments at a variety of Power and/or Oil & Gas construction projects. Tasked with competently performing all aspects of schedule-related activity and field project assignments, including schedule updates, critical path reporting, "what if" planning, and other planning/scheduling functions. May provide guidance to less experienced project controls personnel.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Must be willing to travel and work on-site at project locations throughout the United States an estimated 75% of the time
• Leads or participates in producing a plan and schedule preparation
• Interfaces with the client and other project professionals for planning and scheduling activities
• Interfaces with the project team to identify issues, risks, and mitigation plans
Four-year Bachelor's degree with six or more years of relevant Cost Control of Planning & Scheduling experience OR no four-year Bachelor's degree required with eight years or more of relevant Cost Control or Planning & Scheduling experience in Home Office or Field Office. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Prefer four-year Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Construction Management.
• Oil & Gas or Power Generation projects experience
• Experience with construction work packaging
Preferred Non-Technical Competencies:
-Drive for Results.
-The ability to delegate.
-The ability to work with others
Preferred Technical Competencies:
-Demonstrated project scheduling experience.
-Strong verbal and written communication skills.
-Understanding of key scheduling processes.
-Understand EPC work process and dependencies between functions.
-Ability to provide risk and opportunity analysis input.
-Specific training in B&V project controls tools and processes.