Financial Analyst - Power, Oil & Gas Finance
Date published: 6-Jun-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Power
Business Plan: FIN
Responsible for performing basic to intermediate level management reporting, including variance analysis. Supports planning and analysis activities, such as basic maintenance of financial tools and models. Receives guidance and works under close supervision to complete assigned tasks.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Supports financial analysis by providing requested information. Provides basic analysis and recommendations.
• Prepares financial reports. Identifies, researches and explains variances to plan. Identify and communicate any reporting issues/deficiencies. Financial Planning:
• Supports and may assist financial planning by providing requested information and maintaining planning tools and models for the annual budget and quarterly forecasts.
Financial Tool & Model Development:
• May develop simple financial tools and models used for budgeting, forecasting, trend analysis & strategic planning.
• Has intermediate level of enterprise-wide business systems knowledge to obtain and analyze basic data.
Supervisory & Resource Management:
• Informs supervisors of conflicting priorities.
• Supports continuous improvement efforts and the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvement.
Primary Internal Clients:
• Primary internal clients are finance managers and/or finance supervisors.
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or equivalent experience. Typically 2+ years’ related experience. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Preferred Technical Competencies:
• Microsoft Office Suite; Advanced Excel
• Knowledge of Black & Veatch Systems
• Knowledge of percent complete accounting
• Knowledge of Accounting and Financial Statements
Preferred Non-Technical Competencies:
• Customer Focus
• Written Communications
• Action Oriented
• Peer Relationships
• Dealing with Ambiguity
• Business Acumen
• Problem Solving