Environmental Engineering Technician 2
Date published: 4-Jul-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Govt Federal SE
Business Plan: ENT
Black & Veatch Special Projects Corp. (BVSPC) is a nationwide engineering and scientific consulting firm that provides environmental services for federal government agencies. We offer a comprehensive scope of services covering environmental investigation, design and remediation. BVSPC is seeking a full time Environmental Technician to assist with performance of field studies and environmental assessments for domestic projects. The position can be located in Alpharetta, GA OR Overland Park, KS
Under close supervision, will assist with the performance of field studies and environmental assessments for domestic Federal projects.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
The Environmental Technician will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities:
• Assist in preparation of safety and sampling plans.
• Participate in environmental studies (may include environmental audits, permit applications, remedial investigations, feasibility studies, etc.) to collect data for projects.
• Will require routine participation in field work (up to 60% travel).
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
• Experience with common environmental workflows
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
• Proficiency with EPA SESD field SOP, such as low-flow groundwater sampling techniques, soils sampling, log book requirements, etc.
• Interpersonal/human relations, organizational, and problem-solving skills
• Ability to meet deadlines and work productively in a collaborative environment
• High initiative with an ability to work with minimal supervision
• Service oriented
U.S. Citizenship Status
Applicants must be United States citizens or permanent residents. Only in the absence of qualified U.S. citizens will permanent residents who are citizens of countries specified as exceptions to the appropriations act ban on paying non- U.S. citizens be considered.
Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science or Engineering Technician preferred but not required. Related field experience and a minimum of 3 years of total experience.
Specialized training and/or experience preferred
Experience participating in environmental field work required. HAZWOPER 40-hour and OSHA-10 hour training required.