Human Resources Lean Project Manager
Date published: 13-Oct-2017
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Corporate-HR
Business Plan: ADM
Develops strategy and partners in the execution of continuous HR improvement activities and function following the discipline of sound LEAN, Six Sigma and Change Management practices that contribute to impactful solutions. Tracks changes and improvements with language & methods that speak to business improvement including financial, engagement and strategy progress. Partners with all COE functional areas and stakeholders on process enhancements to meet HR strategies. Demonstrates entrepreneurship and outstanding collaborative leadership, influencing, communication and presentation skills while leading teams to create the most value, in the shortest amount of time, through the most effective means. The ideal candidate is expected to have professional experience in operational and management functions.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead key HR Lean improvement projects, providing leadership in developing practical solutions to complex analytical problems.
• Act as a change agent to install a culture of continuous improvement.
• Make recommendations to Leadership regarding relative priorities of issues/processes.
• Provide knowledgeable assistance as a resource to our COE’s, helping to identify, plan, and implement continuous improvement projects.
• Act as a liaison within and between teams and departments, on operational excellence best practices.
• Support trainings and improvement implementation.
• Provide timely A3 status updates, feedbacks, and appropriate reporting for key activities assigned.
• Provide / support training to others in Project Management
• Improve processes and methods for quality, simplification, delivery, cost-reduction, process improvement principles.
• Carry out follow-up programs to maintain the achieved savings, to complete additional training, to detect further savings opportunities, as well as ensure the overall continuity of the project.
• Demonstrable experience in leading implementation of continuous improvement projects.
• Candidate should be results-oriented with good project management, organizational, and prioritization skills while being able to work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
• Experience in successfully managing project teams in production and/or non-production environments.
• Must have extensive communication, mediation and facilitation skills.
• Advanced interpersonal skills, along with the ability to communicate effectively and maintain credibility across all levels in the business.
• The ideal candidate is expected to have professional experience in operational & management functions.
• Identifies and assesses improvement opportunities which will add value. Champions continuous improvement efforts.
• Create key performance indicators to monitor performance and improvements in key metrics that evaluate performance of the change and inform decision-making.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited University
Experience: 5 years of project management with proven skills in the areas of requirements, analysis, design, testing, implementation and support.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt certification or equivalent professional experience
• Highly developed strategic and collaborative leadership skills. Passionate about innovation, leadership development and entrepreneurship, with a strong empirical, disciplined approach to business problem solving.
• Broad and deep business acumen and experiences (5+ years) gained through the successful implementation of innovation, LEAN, Six Sigma and business process management principles in multiple industries.
• Results based leadership style with outstanding communication and influencing skills. Superior ability to distill complex concepts and issues into simple, effective, and persuasive solutions and messages.
• Established track record of successfully implementing positive, sustainable change leading to significant value creation in transactional and/or service environments.
• Demonstrable experience in tying process improvement metrics to a business case or strategy