Date published: 10-Jan-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Plan: ADM
BVCI, a proud part of the BV family of companies, offers union shop construction services for on-time, on-budget project delivery.<br><br>Our professionals deliver solid dependable solutions for industrial construction projects of all sizes, enabling us to provide leading construction services for our clients. Together, we have an integrated approach to project execution with an emphasis on safety, quality, cost, and schedule.<br><br>Our Services<br>We work with our clients on EPC as well as construction-only projects. We self-perform projects by executing direct hire labor as well as utilizing subcontractor elements.<br><br>We continue to expand our services offered and build our project backlog. <br><br>Now is the time to work at BVCI!
We have an additional team member opportunity for a Construction Recruiter! BVCI is proud to provide a strong support structure for all our professionals, has competitive benefits including being an employee owner as well as flexible work schedules. If you want to find a rewarding, fun, and strong team atmosphere; look no further!
This recruiting professional partners with the hiring managers in identifying, developing, and providing internet products and services that support recruiting efforts as well as serving as a database administrator for the resume tracking system. He or she also prepares reports, ensures consistency of processes, and ensures proper interface and support of other Human Resource (HR) systems along with adhering to all federal, state, and local laws governing the employment process.
This key position is an individual contributor with no subordinates.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Sources candidates through the internet and resume tracking system via searches, referrals, former employees/candidates/applicants, ad placement, etc. to assist in filling current employment openings.
• Determines, evaluates, and recommends internet-based strategies for assigned requisition.
• Coordinates internet postings and develops effective position descriptions.
• Trains end users on recruiting systems and tools.
• Provides database maintenance and technical trouble shooting.
• Works on HR projects as assigned.
Acts in capacity of a "lead person." Does not have management responsibility for the people to whom they provide direction.
As a necessary aspect of the management, personnel or pay administration functions, this position has access to confidential personnel records and pay information not otherwise available. This position is responsible for protecting and maintaining the privacy of such records and information.
*** This position is not available for visa sponsorship.
*** Only candidates local to the KC Metro area will be considered seriously.
• 2+ years HR experience
• All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• 2+ years of recruiting experience
• Construction recruiting experience
• Construction field experience
Bachelor’s in HR, Business, or related field preferred
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, including strong spelling, grammar, and punctuation
• Strong knowledge of resume tracking systems
• Basic knowledge of human resource information system
• Strong recruiting database searching skills
• Knowledge of recruitment advertising process
• Proficient internet navigation skills, including familiarity with all major search engines
• Some knowledge of employment law
• Strong computer skills (i.e. Word, PowerPoint, Access)
• Successful multi-tasking skills