Sr. Site QC Inspector
Date published: 5-Nov-2017
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Plan: CNS
BVCI, a proud part of the BV family of companies, offers union shop construction services for on-time, on-budget project delivery.<br><br>Our professionals deliver solid dependable solutions for industrial construction projects of all sizes, enabling us to provide leading construction services for our clients. Together, we have an integrated approach to project execution with an emphasis on quality, safety, cost, and schedule.<br><br>Our Services<br>We work with our clients on EPC as well as construction-only projects. We self-perform or execute on a subcontract or joint venture basis, offering services through direct hire or subcontract options.<br><br>We are growing and expanding our present offered services along with building our backlog. Now is the time to work at BVCI!
Our Certified Welding Inspectors/Electrical Inspectors identify and initiate complex site inspections, acceptance, and/or rejection of work performed by a various disciplines in compliance with applicable Codes and/or specifications. They also monitor construction schedule and costs, provide technical guidance to Quality Inspectors or other Quality Specialists, and actively promote implementation of BVCI QC policies and standards in the support of projects. This professional may be responsible for oversight of other Field QC staff on assigned project Sites.
This professional may have his/her home base anywhere within the U.S. due to being a Field position with high travel/mobilization requirements. This means that this professional will spend the majority of work time at the assigned project location for the duration of the project requiring long-term temporary living close to the project site.
The first project will be located in Smithton, Pennsylvania building a Power Plant on a greenfield Project.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Implements and monitors the BVCI Field QC Manual and Construction Inspection and Test Plans in support of project requirements and construction schedule.
• Coordinates with engineers, suppliers, contractors, subcontractors, regulatory representatives and field staff to ensure that the installed product meets applicable codes and specifications.
• Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates supplier and contractor activities, products, and reports for adherence to the BVCI requirements. Verifies subcontractor quality personnel understand specification requirements.
• Mentors and provides technical direction to other Field QC staff, as required, keeps Site QC Manager and/or Regional Field QC Manager informed, as required.
• Keeps Site QC Manager and/or Regional Field QC Manager informed of workloads and staffing needs on assigned work. Influences Site Managers and their teams regarding the importance and value of quality involvement and contribution to project success.
• Conducts and/or coordinates quality inspections which may include performance of Non-Destructive Testing, witnessing tests, review of testing by others (e.g.: soil testing, concrete testing, hydrostatic testing, etc.). Prepares and/or reviews reports and quality records in compliance with procedures.
• Verifies on-site welding and welding documentation meets code and specification requirements including review of Post Weld Heat Treatment (PWHT) documentation as applicable
• Performs receipt inspections of goods in conjunction with material control staff, as required.
• Administers the site Non-Conformance Program. Identifies non-conformances and participates in corrective actions.
• Reviews and controls the documentation for the certification of construction equipment and testing equipment.
• Assists in the coordination of punch list walk downs / inspections.
• Attends and participates in site meetings.
• Generates records, reports, correspondence, and other documentation in the performance of the work.
• Advocates Safety, HR, and BVCI administrative programs in accordance with division policies, standards, and guidelines. VCI
*** This position is not available for visa sponsorship
*** This professional may have his/her home base anywhere within the U.S. due to being a Field position with high travel/mobilization requirements. This means that this professional will spend the majority of work time at the assigned project location for the duration of the project requiring long-term temporary living close to the project site.
• Minimum of 3 years with a degree, minimum of 5 years without a degree.
• All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Engineering or Construction related discipline degree or craft apprenticeship preferred.
• Certification in discipline (e.g.: American Welding Society (AWS), Certified Welding Inspector (CWI), Institute for Supply Management (ISM)) or relevant geographical equivalent certification
• Previous industrial construction experience
• Direct Hire construction project experience
• Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
• Time Reporting System, Policies and Procedures
• Human Resource Information System
• Multi-Tasking capabilities
• Knowledge of quality standards and practices
• Knowledge of construction technology
• Knowledge of EPC industry
• Constructability knowledge
• Reading of Erection Drawings e.g. GA’s, P&ID’s and Isometrics
• Knowledge of National and International Codes and Standards
• Knowledge of National and/or International Rules and Regulatory Requirements
• Knowledge of Quality Management Systems
• Problem Solving (Identify, Analyze, Research, Evaluate, Resolve)
• Human Relation Skills (written, oral, client services)
• Expense Reporting System, Policies and Procedures
• Working group’s Policies and Procedures
• Division Administrative & Project Policies and Procedures