Safety & Health Spec/Advisor 1
Date published: 29-Nov-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Power
Business Plan: CNS
Accountable for implementing and maintaining the company’s Safety & Health Procedures. The position performs first aid treatment and routine, less complex tasks as assigned.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performs drug and alcohol screens in accordance with company substance abuse policies, procedures.
• Conducts employee safety and health training.
• Conducts routine site safety and health inspections.
• Conducts record keeping / filing functions.
• Implements project security programs and procedures.
• Acts as on-site first aid and medical provider.
• Enters safety and health data into word processing and spreadsheet type programs.
• Communicates with company worker’s compensation manager.
• Individual contributor with no subordinates
1+ years of safety-related experience, 2+ years field medical response and treatment All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
High school diploma or equivalent preferred, Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Preferred Competencies:
• Knowledge of safety and health standards and practices
• Knowledge of company substance abuse policies and procedures
• Knowledge of worker’s compensation policies and procedures
• Communication skills
• Ability to perform first aid/medical functions
• Word processing and spreadsheet computer software programs