United Kingdom-South East
Date published: 28-Sep-2017
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Water
Business Plan: ENS
To manage the delivery of stand-alone Ecology projects or ecological input into multi-disciplinary Engineering projects
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Undertaking and managing ecological surveys.
• Ecological reporting and assessment.
• Providing Ecological Clerk of Works role.
• Accountable for preparing and costing ecological proposals.
• Maintaining client relationships.
• Responsible for managing and mentoring junior EIA/ecology team members.
• Instructing and managing ecological sub-consultants.
• Contributing to the B&V ecology Community of Practice through knowledge sharing
Excellent grounding in ecological assessment.
Held or been agent for several species development or conservation licences.
Should be competent to lead most of the following surveys:
• Extended Phase 1 survey
• Water vole
• Amphibians incl GCN
• Identifying bat roosts & activity surveys
• Invasive plants
Protected species licence holder
Site experience of supervising ecological mitigation.
Preparation of ecological proposals.
Relevant Environmental degree
Obtained full membership of CIEEM.
Previous Consultancy experience.
Proven ability to work within multi-disciplinary project teams.
Holder of protected species survey and development licences
Proven experience in undertaking Ecological Impact Assessment
Ecological Impact Assessment (including Preliminary Environmental Assessment and EcIA).
Best practice methods of ecological surveys and mitigation.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications: