Solar EPC Project Manager
CO-Denver, KS-Overland Park, NC-Cary
Date published: 3-Nov-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Power
Business Plan: PMT
With hundreds of experienced staff, 40 years of experience, and over a thousand completed projects, Black & Veatch is a leader in the renewable energy industry. From planning and consulting through engineering and construction, we offer solutions for all major renewable energy technologies including solar photovoltaic (PV), wind, biomass, hydro, marine energy, solar thermal, and geothermal.<br><br>Black & Veatch provides engineering, technology, consulting and construction solutions that span the life cycle of projects in the power generation, power delivery and hydrocarbon process industries. Our services encompass planning, design, procurement, construction, startup, optimization and maintenance.<br><br>Black & Veatch's global experience, industry alliances, project execution excellence, innovative solutions, commitment to quality and integrity of service give us a distinctive competitive advantage. Simply put, we offer all it takes to deliver performance, price and schedule certainty, as well as sustained value on our clients' projects.
Direct Projects and personnel within the Solar sector of Black & Veatch’s Renewable Business Line.
Manages all aspects of large Engineering Procurement Construction (EPC) Solar projects, including risk to cost, schedule, and quality. Responsible for the day-to-day successful execution of contracted engineering, procurement, and construction scope in the areas of performance, financial metrics, planning, schedule, quality, contractual compliance, safety, and client satisfaction. Provides for the successful staffing of the project. Manages and leads large teams of multi-discipline professionals. Coordinates and integrates the activities associated with the engineering, procurement, construction, and startup elements of the project team, including the activities of all third-party companies contributing to the initiative.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Drive a culture of Safety on all assigned projects
• Report to Director of Renewable Energy Business Line
• Manage Proposal Review and Approval process
• Provide functional review of PRB approval documents
• Lead on-boarding of new Project Managers (new hires and internal promotions)
• Support PM Career Development through development and delivery of Training programs
• Provide support to Project Managers regarding workflow, project controls, project and contract issues, operations interface, etc.
• Provide Risk Management assessment and work with project team to manage Risks and Opportunities.
• Ensure that Engineering, Procurement and Construction elements of project to ensure project performance consistent with “as-sold” expectations. Support project team in developing recovery plans.• Work with Project Controls to ensure that budget and schedule forecast are accurate and timely.
• Negotiates contract commercial terms.
• Manages contracts and legal issues.
• Analyzes and reports health metrics as a basis for improvement.
• Applies knowledge of policies and regulations to project scope.
• Builds relationships with key stakeholders.
Bachelor of science degree. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• 12 years of related experience
• Specialized at managing and leading medium risk projects
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering
• Supervisory, conflict management, and team building skills
• Basic knowledge of finance and ability to act with limited supervision in the processing of finance related information
• Advanced understanding and application of contract commercial terms
• Ability to negotiate contracts and scopes of work
• Advanced knowledge and application of PM processes
• PE License preferred
• Certified PMP is beneficial
• Advanced knowledge and application of Financial Management