Southeast Infrastructure Systems Regional Director - Water Business
Date published: 15-Nov-2017
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Water
Business Plan: SAM
The overall objectives are to contribute to significant business growth by developing new & existing clients, recruiting new professionals, retaining and rewarding the top professionals in the markets we serve, capturing the industry-leading market share of various Water work and achieving these objectives while providing a challenging and exciting work place for our employees to innovate, grow and thrive.
• Add key professionals and build a team in communities of practice supporting the Asset Management/Planning, Heavy Civil, Mining or the East Region business
• Expand all service areas with special emphasis on planning, asset management, engineering and construction management
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Senior professional working with other Planning and Heavy Civil senior leaders with support of all resources within Infrastructure Systems and project teams.
2. Emphasis on building strong client relationships with both internal and external clients, assisting internal clients with effective pre-positioning, winning project pursuits and growth of staff
3. Primary focus will be on Water & Energy Districts & Utilities in Florida and the SE and other clients on an opportunistic basis both project execution and new business development.
4. Be available as a Project Management candidate for major pursuits
5. Team leadership in Florida.
6. Increase B&V marketplace visibility by leading and assisting the Client Directors with participation in regional conferences and committees, community and civic associations, and other activities.
To promote alignment with our Corporate Initiatives, the following outlines your responsibilities within this framework:
• Assist with development of and implementation of the Business Plans and selected Client Plans. Provide marketing and business development leadership through identification and evaluation of pursuit opportunities, and development of pursuit strategies in collaboration with Client Directors.
• Support participation in professional society activities such as AWWA, USSD, ASCE with technical advice to participants and provision of papers presentations etc.
• Be visible and promote various communities of practice.
• Consider Client Directors, PDs and PMs as our internal clients.
• Assume project director and project manager positions with assigned clients in specific instances
• Be the Champion for recruiting professionals and understand departmental hiring plans. Specifically, play a leadership role in developing a hiring plan and identify candidates and lead recruiting efforts.
• Provide stable leadership to staff through mentoring, coordinating staff assignments. Develop annual goals and Individual Development Plans for junior staff when assigned.
• Support the Region and all of our Client Directors and Project Managers to achieve project financial goals for PGM and technical performance.
• Actively participate in project execution on assigned basis
Measures of Success. The ultimate measure of success revolves around four primary factors:
1. Technical excellence of our work products
2. Financial success of our projects
3. Personal growth and raising profile of B&V capabilities and people in Florida and the SE
4. Growth of our business volume and staff
Contact Compensation All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications: