Sr. Procurement Representative - Oil & Gas
Date published: 13-May-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Oil/Gas
Business Plan: PCR
Provide support to the project team with advanced procurement transaction activities (equipment, services and subcontracts), which may expand to assignment on multiple projects. May be required to support other procurement duties, including expediting, procurement administration, closeout and proposal development. May lead others with transactional responsibilities, while requiring minimal supervision.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepares contract documents and bidders list. • Prepares, issues and manages the bidding process.
• Leads and manages the evaluation process through the distribution of quotations, preparation of the commercial portion of the bid tabulation, and collaboration with engineering and construction regarding the technical and constructability evaluations. Makes recommendations for selected bidder(s) and who to award.
• Leads, and schedules, coordinates and manages the negotiation process. Able to resolve complex commercial terms and conditions exceptions.
• Manages the award and conforming process.
• Able to resolve mildly complex claim or dispute events with vendors.
• May lead the solicitation of budgetary pricing for equipment, material, or labor to support estimating/proposal efforts for a non-major project or projects.
• Proficient in the basic functions of the vendor database.
• Trains others in the function of a Procurement Representative, with minimal supervision.
• Files appropriate record documents and follows Corporate and project filing rules.
• May be responsible for developing set-up documents and processes for new project(s).
• May provide input to portions of new and/or revised procedures or documents.
• Individual contributor with no subordinates.
Minimum of five (5) years relevant experience. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
BA or BS degree in Supply Chain Business, Technical / Engineering, Construction Management or related field (preferred). Relevant experience may be substituted for a degree.
• Strong Attention to Detail
• Strong Communication - Written and Oral
• Proficient Computer Skills - Databases and MS Office
• Proficient Contract Comprehension
• Understanding of terms & conditions
• Strong Data Entry
• Proficient Mathematics
• Proficient Organizational Skills
• Proficient Problem Solving
• Basic Project Process Management
• Basic Schedule and Planning Understanding
• Previous EPC related experience
• Customer focus
• Decision quality
• Ensures accountability
• Manages ambiguity
• Situational adaptability