Sulfur Technology Manager
Date published: 12-Oct-2017
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Oil/Gas
Business Plan: ENG
Functions as a technology leader in a role that is responsible for developing engineering strategy. Has shared significant impact on function or division. Establishes tactical direction with regard to policy and procedure.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
The Technology Manager – Sulfur is responsible for ensuring appropriate technologies are applied to each project to provide commercial advantages to our clients.
• Monitoring and participating in consultations with all project managers and lead process engineers working on related projects.
• Supporting business development with technical support for project pursuits, proposal development and client relations.
• Reviewing and approving major process and equipment design configurations, parameters, and guarantees.
• Review and approval of process flow diagrams for sulfur related technologies.
• Develop performance guarantees for licensed sulfur technology.
• Serving as technical consultant and providing subject matter expertise on sulfur related engineering applications.
• Developing and evaluating emerging technologies and improvements to existing technologies.
• Protection of intellectual property through patent filing and overall responsibility for existing patent database.
• Maintaining Black & Veatch's quality and efficiency while performing complete EPC project lifecycle functions to the greatest commercial advantage.
• Serving as a technical consultant to upper management and maintaining the company's position in the Sulfur technology area.
• Technical supervisory responsibility for portfolio of sulfur technology projects.
• May also be responsible for staff growth and training.
Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing. Minimum of 15 years related work experience. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Excellent client service and presentation skills; ability to develop and maintain key relationships; negotiation and influencing skills.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Knowledge of Oil & Gas market and impacts on business and technology strategy.
• Knowledge of management techniques and administrative practices.
• Intermediate knowledge of risk management and commercial issues.
• Contract awareness and general knowledge of legal terms.
• Strong strategic and business planning skills.
• Strong problem solving skills (identify, analyze, research, evaluate, resolve).
• Conflict management skills.
• Knowledge of change management methodologies.
• Project management skills.
• Leadership ability (team building, coaching, mentoring, change management, advising).