Superintendent 3 Mechanical, Data Centers
Date published: 30-Nov-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Plan: CNS
Black & Veatch is building the infrastructure to house the world's most sophisticated IT equipment. We are building the facilities necessary for our clients to improve the safety & security of data systems worldwide.
Manages all activities related to the construction startup and commissioning of the mechanical, electrical, and control systems in accordance with contractual commitments and project schedule. Interfaces with and monitors subcontractor productivity and performance and reporting on subcontractors performance. Ensures adherence by all subcontractors to safety, quality, schedule and performance expectations as defined by Black & Veatch. Provides technical direction required to complete project safely, timely and in a quality manner. Ensures schedule and project expectations are clearly defined to sub contractors. Ensures schedule requirements are communicated. Provides technical data and information as required to subcontractor supervision or the construction engineers. Ensures compliance by workforce or subcontractor to all standards, procedures, and contractual commitments within the bounds of all applicable policies.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Monitors, verifies and reports on construction activities for compliance with the CPM schedule; tracks and reports on completion of project schedule activities and commodity installation.
• Assists subcontractors in resolving problems and reports on issues related to drawings and information, schedule, quality, quantity tracking, cost reporting, and safety.
• Monitors discipline construction productivity, progress, and cost, and reports to Construction Manager and Field Project Controls Manager. Takes necessary actions to maintain targets.
• Conducts subcontractor meetings to review and assist in daily, weekly, and monthly planning.
• Develops and monitors 3 Week Look Ahead Schedule for assigned work scope.
• Develops corrective plan to ensure progress and productivity targets are met.
• Verifies that all material manpower and other resources needed to support the 3 Week Look Ahead Schedule are available and on site.
• Develops, monitors, and reports on completion of craft/subcontractor punch list activities.
• Maintains a daily log for site records.
• Reviews all subcontractor timesheets, installed quantity reports, and progress payment requests.
• Monitors supplier Technical Service Representative (supplier) daily log and reviews/approves their timesheets.
• Communicates and coordinates assigned subcontractor(s) daily and weekly work plans with other discipline Superintendents/Facilitators and Construction Manager.
• Monitors assigned subcontractor(s) for compliance with subcontract scope and schedule requirements.
• Develops a stable working relationship with assigned subcontractor(s).
• Assists Field Subcontract Administrator in the preparation of all extra work authorization requests (RFMPs/WAs).
• Assists the Construction Engineer in compilation of or answering Contractor Information Requests. Responsible for compiling and answering CIRs if required.
• Administers the execution of work packages and equipment installation.
• Develops and distributes a Job Hazard Analysis for major erection packages within scope.
• Identifies potential back charges and out of scope issues and reports to Construction Manager. Supports commercial recovery process.
• Provides supervision, training, development, and performance management to direct reports.
• Adheres to safety and quality standards as applicable to duties and accountabilities.
• Supports continuous improvement efforts and the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements.
5+ years experience on commercial construction projects
OSHA Training and Qualification 40 Hour Preferred; Construction Management and Contract Administration qualification; Cost control, back charges and schedule training and qualification.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, as well as client site access background check in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Engineering or Construction Management degree preferred. Budget and Cost Control Skills
Knowledge of Company construction guides and manuals.
Construction safety awareness and comprehension
Conflict Management Skills
Multi-tasking Ability (prioritize, organize, schedule work)
Problem-solving Skills (identify, analyze, research, evaluate, resolve)
Project Management Skills
Constructability Knowledge within discipline
Constructability Knowledge within other disciplines
Conceptual Planning Ability
Legal Contract understanding
Human Relations Skills
Cost Code labor production Systems
Time Reporting Policies and Procedures
Construction Guides and Standards