Consultant, Advisory & Planning - Fuels
Date published: 11-Jan-2019
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Management Consulting
Business Plan: CST
This position will contribute to technical, financial and commercial assessment of multiple types of oil & gas assets, including but not limited to gathering, processing, transportation, storage, distribution utilities, terminals, and oil and LNG exporting facilities; and will support a multi-disciplinary team of Fuels Planning and Independent Engineering consultants in Houston, Texas.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
The Consultant, Advisory & Planning, Fuels is a key role on a team of engineers, economists, consultants, and financial analysts, with the expectation to:
• collect and analyze data
• develop technical assessment reports
• conduct site visits
• develop and maintain client contacts
• develop overall project management responsibilities with time in role.
Consultants on the Advisory & Planning team generally work on multiple concurrent projects at a given time. This role is expected to contribute substantively to the process of structuring the analysis, performing the analysis, and drafting work products.
This role is based in the Houston office with up to 50% travel.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Finance, Economics, or Energy with significant course work in mathematics, finance, economics or statistics
• 4 years of experience in consulting or in the oil & gas or power industry (e.g. operations, engineering, consulting, and/or management)
• 3 years of experience with Excel, PowerPoint and advanced software tools
• 3 years of experience using analytical skills and developing reports and presentations
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Solid working knowledge of industry technologies and markets.
• Advanced analytical skills and keen attention to details including being comfortable reviewing or developing complex financial pro forma models and industry standard KPIs