Associate Director of Business Development
Date published: 12-Jan-2019
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Oil/Gas
Business Plan: SAM
Black & Veatch is a global leader in gas processing and NGL fractionation, sulfur, LNG facilities, gasification and ammonia/fertilizers. <br>An industry pioneer, Black & Veatch was involved in many of the world’s first LNG facilities.<br>Today, we are one of the world’s leading players in providing complete solutions to the LNG market, ranging from feasibility studies to turnkey EPC solutions.
Provides leadership and focus for a diverse group of Business Development Managers. This position is accountable for ensuring a sufficient number of qualified prospects are approved by the Proposal review board for bidding to meeting sales targets and objectives for the Asia region for the Black & Veatch Oil & Gas Business. Allocates resources and makes decisions in support of the overall regional strategies for O&G P&Ls.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Motivates, focuses and trains the regional sales resources to develop better client relationships, develop superior local intelligence and ensure targets are met.
• Establishes financial sales goals for the sales resources based on each P&L’s strategy.
• Ensures the specific regions and accounts have proper sales coverage
• Supports the Customer Satisfaction Program
• Oversees the performance management process which includes individual goal setting and development planning, performance feedback, and implementation of the annual and mid-year performance review process
• Evaluates developing prospects and proposes the winning strategy. Moves the prospect from the qualifying stage to the proposing stage
• Participates in the client segmentation process and makes appropriate client recommendations to Oil & Gas Global leadership
• Leads pricing and bid decisions and makes recommendations to Asia Director and Proposal Review Board (PRB).
• Provides support for the strategic planning process
• Provides client, competitor and market information which supports the intended goal of gaining market share and more sales
• Actively supports and facilitates the Compliance and Ethics procedures
• Supervises work of others. Responsible for hiring, discipline, and pay administration of their subordinates. List supervised positions:
o Country Business Development Manager
o Country Agents under Special Agreements
Bachelor’s Degree Ability to learn technical concepts is mandatory. 3 years experience in the energy industry. Relocation: As RGM positions become available, relocation may be required. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
1.Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business, related field or technical discipline. Engineering degree is desired.
2.Experience: At least 10 years of experience in business development for O&G sector,
3.Must have experience in EPCI and EPCM
4.Strong leadership and track record in delivering results