Traffic & Logistics Specialist
Date published: 27-Sep-2017
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Water
Business Plan: PCR
Black & Veatch delivers design, procurement and construction solutions that help to provide safe drinking water and effective wastewater management to communities worldwide. We serve public and private clients of every size with a strong focus on life cycle economy, efficiency and reliability. We find innovative solutions to protect water at its source, treat it to the highest standards, and deliver it to homes and businesses. Then we collect and treat wastewater before reintroducing it safely back into the environment.
Functions as Traffic & Logistics specialist role. Independently develops and applies his/her experience to develop traffic strategies and logistics plan for all major purchase orders, needed to execute EWSE Project, as well as implementing such plan during the execution stage of the project. May coordinate with local expediting group to ensure all equipment meets delivery dates according to schedule, with no damages or additional costs for the project.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
(1) Proactively lead the definition of T&L Plan, requesting client input, under B&V policies.
(2) Support in developing, implementing, maintaining and updating traffic & logistics guidelines and procedures.
(3) Coordination with expediting team in KC and Santiago de Chile
(4) Actively contribute to kick of Meetings of all packages awarded for the Project, integrating the Traffic & Logistics view and requirements to ensure the correct performance off all suppliers in regards to the delivery of equipment.
(6) Contribution to weekly procurement meetings, to track schedule and coordinate with other team members
(7) Prepares, updates and follows the T&L Plan of the Project according to Procurement Manager Recommendations and EWS Lessons learnt.
Responsible for preparing weekly T&L reports on execution phase and respond to internal doubts in regards to transportation of all equipment and materials needed for the project.
Bachelor’s is desirable. Minimum of 5 years related work experience. Bilingual: Spanish and English. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
EPC project execution experience as a traffics and logistics specialist, managing foreign vendors and understanding expediting activities related to T&L.
Written Communications, Drive For Results, Decision Quality, Priority Setting, Planning, Delegation, Directing Others, Conflict Management, Informing, Listening, Dealing with Ambiguity, Customer Focus, Building Effective Teams. Advanced knowledge of engineering design principles and applicable design guides and standards related to assigned engineering discipline.