Water Resource and Hydrogeology National Practice Leader
Fl-Coral Springs, FL-Ft. Myers, FL-Orlando, FL-Tampa
Date published: 25-Apr-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Water
Business Plan: ENG
Black & Veatch is a leader in watershed resource planning and groundwater management, offering expertise across the entire water cycle, from source water to receiving water. We understand the issues involved in providing integrated water resource planning efforts that include groundwater, surface water and/ or reclaimed water. Knowledge of the latest technology and skill in the use of the most up-to-date tools – including geographic information systems (GIS), demand management programs, groundwater models like MODFLOW, integrated decision support models like ICPR, GoldSim and STELLA, water quality models like WASP and EFDC, as well as an understanding of current and pending regulations – enable us to offer complete services. Black & Veatch takes pride in our professionals’ ability to see the entire water resource picture, often helping clients realize more water resource resiliency and overall long-term cost savings. With an integrated global workforce of highly skilled and experienced scientists, engineers and technicians, we are well-equipped to handle all water resource concerns. In addition to receiving top rankings in many engineering journals, the Water business has helped to shape regulatory approaches and develop innovative technologies, which further distinguish Black & Veatch from other engineering firms.
Black & Veatch has an exciting opportunity for a Water Resource and Hydrogeology National Practice Leader based in Florida.
Our U.S. planning and water resources business has seen consistent growth driven by our clients’ needs to address challenges stemming from water supply and well field development and operation; reservoir operation and seepage control; outfall closures, effluent, and mine tailing management through deep well injection; springs management and support of minimum flows and levels through aquifer recharge programs; surface water management options; and the development of alternative water supplies. Challenges surrounding water scarcity, drought resiliency, groundwater depletion, climate variability, sea level rise, salt water intrusion, and evolving regulations are driving innovative water resource projects across the Country. Across the US, along with Florida, we anticipate an increased demand for creative integrated water resource and groundwater planning and design solutions. This, therefore, represents a strategic business opportunity for Black & Veatch. The Water Resource & Hydrogeologist National Practice Leader will help the company grow its market share throughout the Americas by providing world-class planning and water resource services.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Hydrogeological & Water Resource Leader: Leverage and build relationships with key water resource leaders and decision makers throughout the US, including Florida. In conjunction with other regional leaders, help build the hydrogeology practice throughout the Americas (US and Canada)
• Lead and develop aquifer well field studies, development projects, and operational strategies that optimize water supplies and/or saltwater intrusion barriers
• Support wastewater outfall closure programs and mining effluent management efforts through deep well injection planning and implementation projects
• Support MFL studies and mitigation projects for water bodies, streams, springs, and rivers throughout the region
• Support integrated water supply assessments and alternative water supply planning and implementation efforts
• Support scenario planning and implementation projects for integrated surface and groundwater water management programs and natural systems restoration projects throughout Florida and on strategic national and international opportunities
• Support climate change resilience planning and implementation efforts
Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing. Minimum of 8 years related work experience. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Experience in a client-facing role
• 15+ years of hydrogeological and water resource planning and implementation project experience
• Experience leading project teams and executing hydrogeological studies and implementation projects that include well field planning, design, operation, optimization, etc. efforts
• Experience leading project teams and executing deep well injection projects related to outfall closure programs and mine effluent management
• Have proficiency with the application and use of drawdown tests, aquifer characterization technologies, groundwater models, etc.
• Experience in working with the regulatory agencies and their permitting functions