Water Resources Engineer 2 - Water Business
FL-Miami, FL-Orlando, FL-Tampa
Date published: 8-Dec-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Water
Business Plan: ENG
Black & Veatch – Water Business<br>Black & Veatch is a leader in watershed resource planning and management, offering expertise across the entire water cycle, from source water to receiving water. We understand the issues involved in providing integrated water resource planning efforts that include ground water, surface water and/ or reclaimed water. Knowledge of the latest technology and skill in the use of the most up-to-date tools – including geographic information systems (GIS), hydraulic models such as HEC-RAS, SWMM and InfoWorks ICM, water quality models like WASP and EFDC, as well as an understanding of current and pending regulations – enable us to offer complete services. Black & Veatch takes pride in our professionals’ ability to see the entire water resource picture, often helping clients realize more water resource resiliency and overall long-term cost savings. With an integrated global workforce of highly skilled and experienced scientists, engineers and technicians, we are well-equipped to handle all water resource concerns. In addition to receiving top rankings in many engineering journals, the Water business has helped to shape regulatory approaches and develop innovative technologies, which further distinguish Black & Veatch from other engineering firms.
Black & Veatch has an exciting opportunity for a Water Resources Engineer position focused on integrated water resource planning in Florida.
As an employee-owned, global leader in building critical infrastructure in the energy, water, telecommunications and government services markets, Black & Veatch has a long-standing reputation for providing world-class service to our clients.
Within our U.S. planning and water resources business, we have seen consistent growth driven by our clients’ needs to address challenges stemming from water supply limitations, surface water regulations, flooding, declining groundwater tables, water quality impairments, water scarcity, climate change, and sea level rise resilience needs. This represents a strategic business initiative for Black & Veatch and the Water Resources position focused on integrated water resource planning and design is intended to help the company grow its market share by providing world-class planning and water resource services.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Support sophisticated modeling to plan and design water supply, stormwater/flood mitigation, reuse, groundwater, and water quality improvement projects.
• Support planning and design of flood mitigation improvements, including dams, levees, reservoirs, open channels, gravity conveyance systems, and pump stations.
• Support planning and design of green infrastructure and sustainable watershed measures, including structural best management practices (BMPs).
• Evaluate field and literature data, and support report preparation, including preparation of graphical and tabular summaries of field data.
• Support in the evaluation and interpretation of data collected from projects covering a range of hydrologic, hydrogeologic and other earth-science-related topics.
• Support in office activities including preparation of supporting documents for water use permit/UIC permit applications, local regulatory requirements, and water resources master plans.
• Interpreting federal, state and local codes, rules and regulations.
• Comply with company safety program and policies.
Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing. Minimum of 1 year related work experience All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Graduation from an ABET-accredited program with a bachelor’s or master’s degree in civil, environmental, geology, or water resources related field.
• Practical ability to analyze field and technical data, perform research, demonstrate technical knowledge, and problem solve.
• Excellent organizational and communications skills (able to communicate solutions in writing, verbally and graphically).
• Excellent teamwork skills.
• Be able to work in the field in remote locations, hold a valid driver’s license.
• Willing to take short term project assignments that may require out of town and/or out of state travel.
• Proficiency in the following applications and models preferred but not required:
• Experience with regulatory requirements and procedures preferred but not required
• Ability to support client-facing/business development efforts