Wind Program Manager
Date published: 29-Nov-2017
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Power
Business Plan: PMT
Manages small to medium Program Management assignments involving multiple partners and/or stakeholders, or manages significant portions of large program. Manages multiple aspects of the program. Obtains
new/repeat business on small to medium size programs; supports contract negotiations with clients. Manages risk which may include fixed or upper limit price, new technology, domestic markets or new clients.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
● Assists with managing a program that includes large or complex inter-related projects or multiple moderate size projects.
● Responsible for developing certain aspects of a program (e.g. project controls, project managers) and supports the development of all aspects together with the Program Manager
● Provides oversight and direction to B&V project managers, client staff and subcontractors
● Operates in complex management environments with multiple stakeholders.
● Interacts with senior government or public officials and/or executive level clients on significant project matters.
● Assists with the preparation and delivery of proposal presentations.
● Assesses and actively manages risk on behalf of client with Program Manager.
● Routinely assists in the resolution of high risk or very difficult issues with significant scope, schedule and or financial impact.
● Develops the basis, assumptions and framework for cost estimates consistent with program budget.
● Assembles program team and recruits externally as needed
● Applies advanced understanding and application of project management core processes and methodologies.
● Utilizes lessons learned to strengthen B&V's program management processes, procedures and tools.
● Performs under the direction of a Program Manager.
9+ years in a senior project and/or program management role; PM, EM, Planning, Project Controls, etc.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Prefer at least 5 years program management exp. of the 9 years of experience required.
Wind experience highly preferred.
● Skilled knowledge and application of PM process
● Skilled knowledge and application of Financial Management
● Skilled at leading medium to large teams
● Skilled understanding and application of contract commercial terms
● Skilled at managing low to medium risk projects
● Conflict management
● Customer focus
● Directing Others
● Motivating Others
● Priority Setting
● Process Management
● Timely Decision Making